Friday, December 26, 2008

Welcome to UnMainstream Cinema!

Do you like horror films? Exploitation films? Controversial films? B-movies? Cheesy movies? Sleazy movies? Disgusting movies? Morally bankrupt movies? Just-plain-friggin' bizarre movies?

Then you've come to the right place!

Do you like family movies? Romantic comedies? Feel-good movies? Richard Gere movies?

Then get the hell out of here, you emotional pansy. This blog ain't for you. ;)

Seriously though, this has been a hobby of mine for quite some time. Whenever someone looks through my DVD collection, I get the "WTF is wrong with you?" glance. Every time I watch a movie suited for this blog (whether rented or from my personal stash), I'll put up a review.

The rating scale I'll be using to grade movies is as follows:
**** Superb Schlock
*** Decent Cheese
** Proceed With Caution
* Bad Even For Its Kind

Obviously, most of the movies I'll be reviewing aren't exactly in Citizen Kane territory. So a four-star rating from this blog isn't necessarily equal to a four-star rating from Roger Ebert (I've met Ebert in real life and shook his hand BTW, but I digress). Also, one star is the lowest rating I'll give. I think half-star and zero-stars ratings are pointless. If it's one star, then it sucks, OK?

If you are an adventurous moviegoer with atypical tastes, I hope you'll find something of value, here. Time to load up the reel (OK, it's a DVD player, but I can pretend, dammit!), order some overpriced Friday-night pizza, and have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment